JOB TITLE: Director of Content Development
Purpose and Scope
The Director of Content Development serves as one of several organizational “storytellers” and is responsible for developing and stewarding the CAIA brand through world-class thought leadership. The role actively participates in setting the global content agenda and overseeing the editorial direction of blogs, podcasts, newsletters, webinars, chapter events, and long form content. This role will be externally facing, serving as a speaker, panelist, moderator at industry and chapter events, in the media, and amongst industry partners. This position reports to the Executive Vice President.
Content Strategy & Development – 70%
- Facilitate a global editorial team that sets content priorities and the organizational thought leadership agenda across three regions.
- Collaborate with Assoc. Director Content Marketing to create and manage an editorial calendar establishing content distribution timelines and channels.
- Serve as managing editor of the Chronicles Newsletter and direct positioning of audio, video, and print content products.
- Lead development and authoring of webinars, blogs, podcasts, and long-form pieces.
- Partner with the Associate Director, Content Marketing, to oversee the alignment of the content pipeline across all platforms in support of the lead nurturing strategy.
- Serve as the final line of defense for all scheduled content releases to ensure it is on brand; consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice; and optimized for search, user experience, and amplification through online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print, and in-person events.
- Analyze key performance indicators to determine content effectiveness.
- Work closely with Managing Director, CAIA curriculum to align annual updates and body of knowledge with content agenda and campaigns.
Public Ambassador and Relationship Management—30%
- Speak regularly at conferences, chapter events, and on podcasts and actively contribute to live event agenda development.
- Serve as a public face of the organization by regularly writing and speaking with the media.
- Cultivate rich industry relationships with investment professionals, organizations, professional associations, conference organizers, and content developers, and explore deeper partnerships.
- Serve in a consultancy role offering strategic counsel in content planning and development for events, conferences, and other key initiatives.
Outstanding communication, writing, and presentation skills
Executive presence and a high degree of comfort with nurturing relationships with senior professionals
Strong understanding of global investment industry markets, trends, and asset classes
Minimum five years of experience working as an investment practitioner and/or combination of investment editorial/journalistic content marketing with a heavy emphasis on thought leadership
Demonstrated experience and understanding of how to nurture content-centric digital brands
CAIA designation preferred; CFA a plus
Willing and ready to travel
Entrepreneurial instincts and drive.
The position can be based in the Americas or EMEA.
About the CAIA Association
The CAIA Association, a non-profit organization founded in 2002, is the world leader in alternative investment education and provides solutions to specific market needs for education about alternatives. The CAIA Association is best known for the CAIA Charter®, an internationally recognized credential granted upon successful completion of a rigorous two-level exam series combined with relevant work experience. Earning the CAIA Charter is the gateway to becoming a member of the CAIA Association, a global network of nearly 13,000 alternative investment leaders located in 100 countries who have demonstrated a deep and thorough understanding of alternative investing. CAIA also offers the Fundamentals of Alternative Investments Certificate Program, an online course that provides an introduction to the core concepts of alternative investing.
Having grown rapidly, the CAIA Association now supports vibrant chapters for its Charter Holder members located in financial centers around the world and sponsors more than 120 educational and networking events each year. CAIA is also a leading authority and trusted source for information on trends, data, and emerging issues in the alternative investments industry for reporters worldwide. For more information, please visit CAIA.org.
CAIA offers a full benefits package. CAIA is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please go to https://caia.org/about/jobs-at-caia.